Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Good Morning...

When Steve and I were first married over 15 years ago, I would get up with him every morning. I would make breakfast for him, and his brother who lived by us. Well time passes and in just a few short years 5 children were born. When they were little and still breast feeding I would always see Steve in the morning before he went to work. Since I was a scheduled feeder they would be up at 6 to nurse. I would then get to say good-bye to Steve and get my "morning kiss" that I loved so much. Well soon babies turned into toddlers, toddlers into school-age persons and I don't get up in the morning anymore. I am NOT a morning person. I love laying in bed for 10-15 minutes before rolling out, going to the bathroom and brushing my teeth. On the rare occation that I do get up with Steve it is more of a "watch him eat breakfast, read the Bible, and head out the door" kind of thing. I have mentioned several times that I love it when he comes up to tell me bye and give me a kiss. I have NOT however nagged him at all! I know times flies for him in the morning too and he shoots out the door at 6:18 am! So needless to say when I felt someone tap me this morning and I rolled over (looking my best I am sure! *sarcasm*) and saw Steve there my heart just melted! "Have a good day Honey, Love you" *Kiss* As I was laying there listening to his Jeep pull away I was thinking that it is amazing to me that even after 15 years I still feel giddy with a "good morning kiss" I hope others are this blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment