Sunday, June 16, 2013

My Cleanse....

Long Story...Short...

A couple months ago I hurt my back. Not really my back I guess, more in the area of my left butt or hip. So...after I couldn't do anymore to make it heal I went to the Chiropractor. (Dr. Twist in Hohenwald...he's great) He figured it was the tendon that connects the hip/femur to my pelvis was inflamed. Plan of action??? Chiro twice a week, no running for 2 weeks, no crossing my legs, sit straight, etc...It is getting better.

So...Since I am not running for 2 weeks I thought I might as well do the cleanse I have been wanting to do for a year or so. I haven't made the time because with running I have to be careful of what I eat, carbs, etc...

So the first week I just went Gluten Free. It was pretty easy since I have been doing that for 7 years with Jacob. After a week I feel no difference though. Could be that we had company all week, so all the cooking and cleaning makes me more tired. Could be...

Now, the 2nd week has arrived and I am getting more strict...No sugar, flour, white potatoes, dairy, etc...Just veggies, meat, fruit, seeds and nuts.

Dr. Axe suggested this cleanse. It is a 7 day cleanse.

Day 1:
Mouth Rinse
3 pills
Breakfast: Smoothie (coconut milk, mixed frozen berries, flax seed meal, banana, dates)

Lunch: 3 pillls, Salad (romaine, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, grapes, carrots) & grilled chicken with fresh lemon juice and olive oil.

Snack: Banana and raw almonds

Supper: Sauteed green beans, pulled smoked pork, guacamole, and an orange

One hour before bed: 2 scoops of fiber powder.

So that was day 1! Along with 70+ ounces of water....



No comments:

Post a Comment